Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Heith Seewald <hs...@slashdotmedia.com> on 2015/04/23 20:35:11 UTC

[allura:tickets] Ticket 6797 discussion

Anything we can use to encourage experimentation with Allura's API would be great. I think the big three options would be [Swagger](http://swagger.io/#/), [RAML](http://raml.org/), or [iodocs](http://www.mashery.com/product/io-docs)

I've never used RAML, but it looks like a great option.

---

** [tickets:#6797] Move API docs from sf.net wiki to Allura (with raml?)**

**Status:** open
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Labels:** allura-api asf
**Created:** Fri Oct 25, 2013 04:23 PM UTC by Dave Brondsema
**Last Updated:** Sun Feb 22, 2015 05:06 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

Right now the allura API docs are at https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/documentation/Allura%20API/  They should be moved to Allura itself.

We should also consider writing the API docs with [RAML](http://raml.org/) which looks very nice to me.  Simple and readable, has composition for things like "pagination" which apply to multiple endpoints.  With RAML we could also show interactive documentation with "try it live" functionality at http://www.apihub.com/

---

Sent from forge-allura.apache.org because dev@allura.apache.org is subscribed to https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/tickets/