Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Sahan Gamage <sa...@wso2.com> on 2005/12/13 09:25:56 UTC

[Axis2] removing -O2 compiler option

Hi,

Is there any method for us to specify not to use optimizations in the
build for the compiler. I can see there are two -O2 flags (which means
optimizations) as well as -g and -g3 options. If we are using debug
option we don't need optimizations since this would confuse the debgger.
So if we have a method to say (such as ./configure --enable-debug) that
would be very nice

- Sahan

[Axis2] Please be in sync with Jira [was:Please use Jira]

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Folks,
    We have some number of Jiras open. I noticed that some of them has
been fixed already, but not reported to be fixed in Jira. Please keep an
eye on Jira and be in sync. If you have fixed or attended issues, please
report them, that helps others on deciding what to work on and to track
what is being done by others.

    Also, please report all the issues that you find in Jira, so that we
have a record on all the pending issues. Axis C++ uses Jira effectively
in this respect and we should follow suite.

Thanks,
Samisa...

[Axis2] Please use Jira

Re: [Axis2] removing -O2 compiler option

Posted by Sahan Gamage <sa...@wso2.com>.
Anuradha Ratnaweera wrote:

>On 12/13/05, Sahan Gamage <sa...@wso2.com> wrote:
>

>>Is there any method for us to specify not to use optimizations in the
>>build for the compiler. I can see there are two -O2 flags (which means
>>optimizations) as well as -g and -g3 options. If we are using debug
>>option we don't need optimizations since this would confuse the debgger.
>>So if we have a method to say (such as ./configure --enable-debug) that
>>would be very nice
>>

>I think configure is supposed to look for CFLAGS environment variable
>and use it (or may be make is supposed to, not sure which one).
>--enable-debug is more of a code level thing.
>
>Try this:
>
>CFLAGS="-g"
>./configure
>make
>
>        Anuradha
>--
>http://anuradha-ratnaweera.blogspot.com
>http://www.linux.lk/~anuradha/

It works. Also there was an additional -O2 option manually put in the
configure.ac file. So when I removed that and set the environment
variable  CFLAGS="-g" both the -O2 options were removed.
Thanks for the fix.

- Sahan

Re: [Axis2] removing -O2 compiler option

Posted by Anuradha Ratnaweera <gn...@gmail.com>.