Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Fernando A. R. Wendt" <fe...@unijui.tche.br> on 2002/02/05 14:19:00 UTC

Apache modules

Hello,

I would like to know how works the apache modules: installing and removing
them, upgrading, development and related information. I'm having a
particular case, where the apache have not been installed with some basics
modules (like de mod_so), and i need to upgrade it, by installing. I need to
rebuild apache to make it so?

RE: Apache modules

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
> From: Fernando A. R. Wendt [mailto:fernando@unijui.tche.br]

> I would like to know how works the apache modules: installing and removing
> them, upgrading, development and related information. I'm having a
> particular case, where the apache have not been installed with some basics
> modules (like de mod_so), and i need to upgrade it, by
> installing. I need to
> rebuild apache to make it so?

Yes, you will need to rebuild Apache to install new modules.  Once mod_so is
included, you can use dynamic modules, so you won't need to rebuild apache
to add more new modules.
See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/install.html
or the INSTALL file in the Apache distribution.

Joshua.