Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Raghavendra Bhat <rb...@yantriks.com> on 2016/01/08 07:20:52 UTC

Utility to check size of entries in off-heap

Hi,

I have turned on off-heap cache memory settings while trying to load close
to 300 million records in to the  ignite server cluster. When I had the
cache use java heap alone, I was able to get the cache size details and
number of records using "ignitevisorcmd.sh". Once I enabled off-heap memory
settings (having an eviction policy to store maximum of 1 million records) I
can only see the size of entries in cache but not the details of the
off-heap storage. Is there a way I can check the size of entries in the
off-heap region?

Thanks,

-----
~ Raghu

Re: Utility to check size of entries in off-heap

Posted by Raghavendra Bhat <rb...@yantriks.com>.
Thank you Denis! Not sure if "cache -a" is giving me the off-heap statistics
as well. I will try to collect the metrics using the
"org.apache.ignite.cache.CacheMetrics" interface to check this one out.

-----

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>.
Hi Raghu,

What commands did you execute to get cache statistics using Visor
console (ignitevisorcmd.bat)?
I've used 'cache -a' and get the same details for both on-heap and
off-heap memory modes./
/

/Is there a way I can check the size of entries in the off-heap region? /

You can but under the 'size' a number of entries is meant. The number
can be retrieved programmatically using
'cache.metrics().getOffHeapEntriesCount()' or with a help of Visor
console as you did before.

In general the full set of off-heap metrics is available through
org.apache.ignite.cache.CacheMetrics interface. The off-heap related
metrics start with 'getOffHeap...'. Visor console uses the same
interface as far as I know.

Regards,
Denis