Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Geoffrey King <lo...@optushome.com.au> on 2002/09/07 07:01:23 UTC

MSVC - XMLUni Link related errors

Hi,
I am using MSVC  5 (yes i am living in the past). The examples compile and
run fine - only if i comment out all reference to XMLUni static constants
like fgDOMNamespaces.

However trying to use those does give link problems, eg....

DOMCount.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: static unsigned short const * const
XMLUni::fgDOMNamespaces" (__imp_?fgDOMNamespaces@XMLUni@@2PBGB)

Obviously xerces-c_2_1_0.dll and xerces-c_2_1_0.lib are available. I am
worried there is some version mismatch between libs produced under v6 and
used under v5. How do i recreate them from the dll? Any other suggestions?

Thanks.