Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Jari Fredriksson <ja...@iki.fi> on 2011/01/12 22:19:39 UTC

Where might be my rsync credentials be?

I became as mass-check user 5th Jan this year.

I asked credentials from private@spamassassin.org or something (I saw
that address in some wiki or something).

Is that private@ email bad, or something, or did I do something wrong?

Warren recruited me, and he thinks that this is "unacceptable" (or
something...)

Can I get my jarif id with some password, or something?

Please.

--

Your sister swims out to meet troop ships.

Re: Where might be my rsync credentials be?

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com>.
Thanks.  We are also working to streamline the process and add more people who can make accounts!
Regards,
KAM

Posted by Jari Fredriksson <ja...@iki.fi>.

Posted by Karsten Bräckelmann <gu...@rudersport.de>.
On Wed, 2011-01-12 at 23:34 +0200, Jari Fredriksson wrote:
> On 12.1.2011 23:25, Karsten Bräckelmann wrote:
> > BTW, Jari, did my previous moderating (because of missing subscription)
> > not include a reason!?
>
> Indeed it did. I just managed to repost this before your direct email
> reached me. Thanks for all help!
>
> I was amazed that I was not a subscriber, as I had dev subfolder and
> .maildroprc rule for it and all. Something must have been happened, or
> something ;)

at some point. Probably due to too much bug-mail. ;)  While the load of
this list doesn't tend to be evenly distributed, but prone to generate
spikes, there probably was no whole week without traffic in years.

If you start to get posts twice, see the boilerplate in my moderation
message, how to subscribe additional post-only addresses. :)

Re: Where might be my rsync credentials be?

Posted by Jari Fredriksson <ja...@iki.fi>.
On 12.1.2011 23:25, Karsten Bräckelmann wrote:

> BTW, Jari, did my previous moderating (because of missing subscription)
> not include a reason!?

Indeed it did. I just managed to repost this before your direct email
reached me. Thanks for all help!

I was amazed that I was not a subscriber, as I had dev subfolder and
.maildroprc rule for it and all. Something must have been happened, or
something ;)

--

After your lover has gone you will still have PEANUT BUTTER!

Re: Where might be my rsync credentials be?

Posted by Karsten Bräckelmann <gu...@rudersport.de>.
On Wed, 2011-01-12 at 17:35 -0500, Darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> On 01/12, Karsten Bräckelmann wrote:
> > That address is correct. We will handle your request shortly. Thanks for
> > contributing, and sorry for the lag of a few days.
>
> Is there a reason not to automate this?  Create a web page to get an rsync
> account that asks for a username and password, and creates the account?

There's a dead-simple reason -- prevent attackers from poisoning the
results. No one wants to play whack-a-mole disabling malicious accounts.

> (Also waiting for my account.)

I know. :)  But please keep in mind this is a volunteer driven project.
It has been faster in the past, but currently we're lagging a few days.

Re: Where might be my rsync credentials be?

Posted by Yet Another Ninja <ax...@gmail.com>.
On 2011-01-12 23:35, Darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> On 01/12, Karsten Bräckelmann wrote:
>> That address is correct. We will handle your request shortly. Thanks for
>> contributing, and sorry for the lag of a few days.
>
> Is there a reason not to automate this?  Create a web page to get an rsync
> account that asks for a username and password, and creates the account?

....and get scripted abuse.
suboptimal.

Also, its important to know who's "contributing"

> Instant gratification for those wishing to contribute, without giving them
> days to lose interest before their account is created?

give them all a free Ipad and a voucher for a week's worth of Lomilomi

Re: Where might be my rsync credentials be?

Posted by Da...@chaosreigns.com.

Posted by Karsten Bräckelmann <gu...@rudersport.de>.