Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by Gene Woo <ge...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/17 12:26:32 UTC

Does anyone meet the conflict values in version column?

Hi,

I got the following error messages from application server. I am very
confused on that. Because this is an isolated entity without any
relationship to the rest of entities.

<4|true|0.9.7> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.InvalidStateException: Attempt
to set column "event.update_version" to two different values: (class
java.lang.Integer)"2", (class java.lang.Integer)"3" This can occur when you
fail to set both sides of a two-sided relation between objects, or when you
map different fields to the same column, but you do not keep the values of
these fields in synch.

Note: This update_version is a mapped-super class's property:     @
Version@Column(name = "update_version")    private Integer _version;

And I found the code only performed query and new/persist object. Not intent
to update or merge object.

The error was found before perform query. As you know, system will flush
before query. Here is the stack trace:

        at org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.PrimaryRow.setObject(PrimaryRow.java
:335)
        at org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.RowImpl.setObject(RowImpl.java:501)
        at kodo.jdbc.meta.strats.ColumnPerLockGroupVersionStrategy.update(
ColumnPerLockGroupVersionStrategy.java:166)
        at org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.meta.Version.update(Version.java:294)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.kernel.AbstractUpdateManager.updateIndicators(
AbstractUpdateManager.java:308)
        at org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.kernel.AbstractUpdateManager.update(
AbstractUpdateManager.java:291)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.kernel.AbstractUpdateManager.populateRowManager(
AbstractUpdateManager.java:149)
        at org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.kernel.AbstractUpdateManager.flush(
AbstractUpdateManager.java:82)
        at org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.kernel.AbstractUpdateManager.flush(
AbstractUpdateManager.java:69)
        at org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.kernel.JDBCStoreManager.flush(
JDBCStoreManager.java:511)
        at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.DelegatingStoreManager.flush(
DelegatingStoreManager.java:127)
        at org.apache.openjpa.datacache.DataCacheStoreManager.flush(
DataCacheStoreManager.java:506)
        at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.DelegatingStoreManager.flush(
DelegatingStoreManager.java:127)
        at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.flush(BrokerImpl.java:1970)
        at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.flushSafe(BrokerImpl.java
:1868)
        at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.flush(BrokerImpl.java:1639)
        at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.isInMemory(QueryImpl.java
:948)
        at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.execute(QueryImpl.java:782)
        at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.execute(QueryImpl.java:761)
        at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.DelegatingQuery.execute(
DelegatingQuery.java:528)
        at org.apache.openjpa.persistence.QueryImpl.execute(QueryImpl.java
:222)
        at org.apache.openjpa.persistence.QueryImpl.getSingleResult(
QueryImpl.java:282)

--
Best Regards,

Gene Wu

Re: Does anyone meet the conflict values in version column?

Posted by Gene Woo <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I reproduced this issue with a POJO environment. Here is the test code. The
SingleEMFTestCase is a mimic of the test cases of OpenJPA. It prepare the
test environment in the same manner.

import javax.persistence.EntityManager;
import javax.persistence.Query;

import org.testng.Assert;
import org.testng.annotations.BeforeClass;
import org.testng.annotations.Test;

import com.genewoo.openjpa.test.SingleEMFTestCase;

public class EventTest extends SingleEMFTestCase {

    @BeforeClass(alwaysRun = true)
    public void setUp() {

        setUp(BaseEntity.class, EventEntity.class, AttributeEntity.class);
        Assert.assertNotNull(emf);
    }

    @Test(groups = {"functional"}, enabled=true)
    public void testHashTypeEntityDetachedObject() {

        EntityManager em = emf.createEntityManager();
        em.getTransaction().begin();
        EventEntity eventEntity1 = new EventEntity();
        em.persist(updateEvent(eventEntity1));
        EventEntity eventEntity2 = new EventEntity();
        em.persist(updateEvent(eventEntity2));
        Query query = em.createNamedQuery("
AttributeEntity.findByOwnerAndType");
        query.setParameter(1, 1);//
UtilModelConstants.ATTRIBUTE_STATUS_ACTIVE);// status cid
        query.setParameter(2, 1);
        query.setParameter(3, 1);
        query.setParameter(4, 1);
        query.getResultList();
        AttributeEntity attributeEntity1 = new AttributeEntity();
        em.persist(updateAttribute(attributeEntity1));
        query.setParameter(1, 1);//
UtilModelConstants.ATTRIBUTE_STATUS_ACTIVE);// status cid
        query.setParameter(2, 1);
        query.setParameter(3, 1);
        query.setParameter(4, 1);
        query.getResultList();
        AttributeEntity attributeEntity2 = new AttributeEntity();
        em.persist(updateAttribute(attributeEntity2));

        em.getTransaction().commit();
        em.close();
    }

    private AttributeEntity updateAttribute(AttributeEntity attributeEntity)
{
        attributeEntity.setFromId(1);
        attributeEntity.setTypeCid(1);
        attributeEntity.setValueCid(1);
        attributeEntity.setFromClassId(1);
        attributeEntity.setStatusCid(1);
        return attributeEntity;
    }

    private EventEntity updateEvent(EventEntity eventEntity) {
        java.sql.Date sqlDate = new java.sql.Date(System.currentTimeMillis
());
        eventEntity.setDateTime(sqlDate);
        eventEntity.setFromId(1);
        eventEntity.setTypeCid(1);
        eventEntity.setFromClassId(1);
        eventEntity.setStatusCid(1);
        return eventEntity;
    }

}

--
Best Regards,

Gene Woo

Re: Does anyone meet the conflict values in version column?

Posted by Gene Woo <ge...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards,

Gene Woo

Re: Does anyone meet the conflict values in version column?

Posted by Gene Woo <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Best Regards,

Gene Woo

Re: Does anyone meet the conflict values in version column?

Posted by Patrick Linskey <pl...@gmail.com>.

--
Patrick Linskey
202 669 5907

Re: Does anyone meet the conflict values in version column?

Posted by Gene Woo <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Best Regards,

Gene Woo

Re: Does anyone meet the conflict values in version column?

Posted by Patrick Linskey <pl...@gmail.com>.

--
Patrick Linskey
202 669 5907

Re: Does anyone meet the conflict values in version column?

Posted by Gene Woo <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Best Regards,

Gene Woo

Re: Does anyone meet the conflict values in version column?

Posted by Patrick Linskey <pl...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Patrick Linskey