Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Roberto Camelk <be...@gmail.com> on 2021/12/14 18:36:18 UTC

Operating Camel-K by rest instead of via CLI kamel

Can I operate the Camel-K Operator via http instead of via kamel CLI ?

Re: Operating Camel-K by rest instead of via CLI kamel

Posted by Antonin Stefanutti <an...@stefanutti.fr.INVALID>.

> On 14 Dec 2021, at 20:29, Roberto Camelk <be...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear enough in my question, or I simple didn't
> understud your answer.

No problem, that's me that did not understand your use case :)

> What I'm thinking about is how can I create a web-ui to launch my
> integrations by just submitting a source file of it?
>
> I want to publish a backend to be able to send requests containing the
> integration source, and this backend orchestrates the "kamel run" for
> me. So as to orchestrate the "kamel get" and "kamel delete" for
> example...
>
> I was thinking if it is possible that the Camel-K has an REST API to
> do that for me, or if I need to create this.

It's possible to create Integration resources directly, using the Kubernetes API, as any other Kubernetes resources.
That is what GUI clients typically use.

Ultimately, the kamel CLI is just a wrapper, that creates an Integration resource using the Kubernetes API.
You can see what the Integration looks like by running:

$ kamel run your_integration_file -o yaml

Posted by Pasquale Congiusti <pa...@gmail.com>.
You may also have a look at Karavan project:
https://github.com/apache/camel-karavan

As for the API, the entire spec is the one you can find in the
documentation:
https://camel.apache.org/camel-k/1.7.x/apis/camel.html#camel.apache.org/v1.Integration

Regards,
Pasquale.