Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by chamaraju M <mc...@lightsurf.com> on 2005/08/23 09:20:46 UTC

Need help on customized junitreport

Hi Vincent Massol and Carlos Sanchez,

      I am Chamaraju M working as a automation engineer in Lightsurf
Technologies.

   I want to customize junit report style in maven.
   That is I want to add two more fields (ID and Description) in html
reports.
   Please let me know How I can customize the same.
     I have done the same in ant.
   To archive the same I have done the following.
   1. Used additional attribute "classname" in formatter tag.
       ex:  <formatter type="xml"
classname="com.lightsurf.automation.ReportFormatter"/>
          Where com.lightsurf.automation.ReportFormatter is a class
implements JUnitResultFormatter, XMLConstants.
                 This class will read ID and Description from test.(ID
and Description should be public variables in test)
   2. Used additional attribute "styledir" in report tag.
       ex: <report format="frames" styledir="${dir.style}"
todir="${reports}"/>
               Where ${dir.style} directory contains junit-frames.xsl
file. (in which I added code to display ID and Description)

   Please let me know is there any way to generate the customized
reports with ID and Description in maven.
   Looking forward to u r replay.

Thanks & Regards,
Cham