Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gl...@flagstar.com on 2000/05/10 20:28:53 UTC

jsp:include problem

We seem to be having 2 problems with using the <jsp:include> tag under
Tomcat 3.1.
1.  When attempting to include the same file multiple times in the same
JSP, we get the following compilation error:

org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParseException: Seen file
/includes/list_bad_errors.jsp already, maybe this is a recursive include?!
     at org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspReader.pushFile(JspReader.java,
Compiled Code)
     at org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspReader.pushFile(JspReader.java,
Compiled Code)
     at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.handleDirective(JspParseEv
entListener.java, Compiled Code)
     at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DelegatingListener.handleDirective(DelegatingLis
tener.java, Compiled Code)
     at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser$Directive.accept(Parser.java,
Compiled Code)
     at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java, Compiled Code)
     at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java, Compiled Code)
     at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java, Compiled Code)
     at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java, Compiled
 Code)
     at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
     at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspS
ervlet.java, Compiled Code)
     at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.j
ava, Compiled Code)
     at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
     at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java, Compiled
Code)
     at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java,
Compiled Code)
     at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java,
Compiled Code)
     at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http
ConnectionHandler.java, Compiled Code)
     at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java,
Compiled Code)

2.  The JSP engine does not always recompile the included file after it has
 been updated.

I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing these problems and if so,
how they were able to resolve or work around them.

Re: jsp:include problem

Posted by Steve Stearns <st...@bigbrother.net>.
On Wed, 10 May 2000 Glenn.P.Brauser@flagstar.com wrote:

> 1.  When attempting to include the same file multiple times in the same
> JSP, we get the following compilation error:
>
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParseException: Seen file
> /includes/list_bad_errors.jsp already, maybe this is a recursive include?!

Yes, I've seen that.  In my case what happend was that within file A, I
included file B, and then I included file C into file A, but file C also
had an include for file B.  I only wanted to include B once, so I adjusted
my code to fit.  So in my case it was a feature not a bug :)