Posted to dev@nlpcraft.apache.org by Aaron Radzinski <ar...@datalingvo.com> on 2021/07/01 20:52:13 UTC

commit messages

NLPCraft-ers,
Thanks for Rahul for pointing out that our implicit practice on using
a default "WIP" commit message is rather not informative and it
pollutes Git history.

I would suggest the community adopts the rule by which we always add a
ticket number (i.e. branch numbers) to the commit message, i.e. "WIP"
=> "WIP on NLPCRAFT-123". This way the Git history becomes much more
descriptive.

Thoughts?
--
Aaron Radzinski

Re: commit messages

Posted by Nikita Ivanov <ni...@gmail.com>.
+1 on Rahul's suggestion.

(as one of the original founders of Apache Ignite & GridGain Systems - I
can attest it took a long time to establish some of the engineering
processes in this community... NLPCraft can certainly borrow from the best.)
--
Nikita Ivanov

Re: commit messages

Re: commit messages