Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Russ Leong <ru...@kikuze.com> on 2002/05/03 09:01:35 UTC

Permissions and Authentication

Hi,
    when a user is not authenticated via SlideRealm or Servlet Container by setting in the web.xml he will be considered as guest. And when he is authenticated the permissions are checked when he wants to do something. Though I know it is not conforming to J2EE standard, if I have an application that does not use any web.xml, how can I provide authentication so that the permissions can be enforced? Or can I programmically code an authenticated user so that the permissions are checked? Mainly I want to enforce Slide permissions but am not sure about the Slide authentication because my app already checks the user login and password.. I am using Weblogic5.1.

Thanks.
Russ