Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Nick Westgate <ni...@key-planning.co.jp> on 2007/07/23 07:34:13 UTC

T5: Mixins - anybody done anything interesting with them?

Mixins are an intriguing feature and I'm pondering their uses.
Discussion on the list so far suggests the component to be mixed
with needs to be mixin friendly - e.g. getters/setters for privates.

The only behaviour I disagree with is the invocation ordering.
Mixins before component is fine as it's a kind of specialization,
but then parents before children goes against that.

And so far the only concrete thing I've tried is to short-circuit
DiscardBody in AbstractField, which doesn't work yet unfortunately:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-1662

Cheers,
Nick.