Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Rene Gielen <rg...@apache.org> on 2013/03/14 12:40:55 UTC

[VOTE] Formally end support for Struts 1

Following up on the discussion thread in [1], I call a formal vote to
end support for Struts 1. This is a vote to

1. remove Struts 1 references from the GA section of the Releases web
site page, while keeping them in the prior releases section

2. remove Struts 1 GA download section from the Welcome page

3. place a prominent EOL announcement on the Welcome page

4. Change navigation bar reference to Struts 1 documentation from (GA)
to (Archive) or a similar term

5. remove Struts 1 draft docs reference from the navigation bar

6. announce Struts 1 EOL on our mailing lists and supporting channels

7. work out a press release regarding Struts 1 EOL with Apache Marketing
and Publicity

This vote will be open until Thursday 2013-03-21.

Here is my
+1 (binding)

- René

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/struts-dev/201303.mbox/%3CCAMopvkOZzgz3gqCDTBv7aEBSXtOY5xTnBKZrU0VXJyCT4ozW0A%40mail.gmail.com%3E

--
René Gielen
http://twitter.com/rgielen

Re: [VOTE] Formally end support for Struts 1

Posted by Rainer Hermanns <he...@aixcept.de>.
+1 (binding)

cheers,
Rainer

Rainer Hermanns
aixcept
Willibrordstraße 82
52134 Herzogenrath - Germany
w: http://aixcept.de/
t:   +49 - 2406 - 979 22 11
f:   +49 - 2406 - 979 22 13
m: +49 - 170 - 343 29 12

Re: [VOTE] Formally end support for Struts 1

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.
Geez, how many votes do we need?

Poor Struts 1; you had a good run.

Re: [VOTE] Formally end support for Struts 1

Posted by Maurizio Cucchiara <mc...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Twitter     :http://www.twitter.com/m_cucchiara
G+          :https://plus.google.com/107903711540963855921
Linkedin    :http://www.linkedin.com/in/mauriziocucchiara
VisualizeMe: http://vizualize.me/maurizio.cucchiara?r=maurizio.cucchiara

Maurizio Cucchiara

Posted by Johannes Geppert <jo...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de

Re: [VOTE] Formally end support for Struts 1

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] [CLOSED] Formally end support for Struts 1

Posted by Rene Gielen <rg...@apache.org>.
The vote has passed, these are the final results:

+1 x8 (binding)
+1 x2 (non-binding)

The next few days we'll start to spread the word and update the site.

Regards,
René

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.

> On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 12:40 PM, Rene Gielen <rg...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Following up on the discussion thread in [1], I call a formal vote to
> > end support for Struts 1. This is a vote to [...]

+1 (binding)

But it still feels weird.

Dave

Re: [VOTE] Formally end support for Struts 1

Posted by Philip Luppens <ph...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 12:40 PM, Rene Gielen <rg...@apache.org> wrote:

> Following up on the discussion thread in [1], I call a formal vote to
> end support for Struts 1. This is a vote to
>
> 1. remove Struts 1 references from the GA section of the Releases web
> site page, while keeping them in the prior releases section
>
> 2. remove Struts 1 GA download section from the Welcome page
>
> 3. place a prominent EOL announcement on the Welcome page
>
> 4. Change navigation bar reference to Struts 1 documentation from (GA)
> to (Archive) or a similar term
>
> 5. remove Struts 1 draft docs reference from the navigation bar
>
> 6. announce Struts 1 EOL on our mailing lists and supporting channels
>
> 7. work out a press release regarding Struts 1 EOL with Apache Marketing
> and Publicity
>
> This vote will be open until Thursday 2013-03-21.
>
> Here is my
> +1 (binding)

+1 (binding) from my side.

-Phil

> - René
>
> [1]
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/struts-dev/201303.mbox/%3CCAMopvkOZzgz3gqCDTBv7aEBSXtOY5xTnBKZrU0VXJyCT4ozW0A%40mail.gmail.com%3E
>
> --
> René Gielen
> http://twitter.com/rgielen

"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." -
Randy Pausch

Re: [VOTE] Formally end support for Struts 1

Posted by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.
+1

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
2013/3/14 Rene Gielen <rg...@apache.org>:
> Following up on the discussion thread in [1], I call a formal vote to
> end support for Struts 1. This is a vote to
>
> 1. remove Struts 1 references from the GA section of the Releases web
> site page, while keeping them in the prior releases section
>
> 2. remove Struts 1 GA download section from the Welcome page
>
> 3. place a prominent EOL announcement on the Welcome page
>
> 4. Change navigation bar reference to Struts 1 documentation from (GA)
> to (Archive) or a similar term
>
> 5. remove Struts 1 draft docs reference from the navigation bar
>
> 6. announce Struts 1 EOL on our mailing lists and supporting channels
>
> 7. work out a press release regarding Struts 1 EOL with Apache Marketing
> and Publicity
>
> This vote will be open until Thursday 2013-03-21.
>
> Here is my
> +1 (binding)

+1 (binding)

Regards