Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Hehl, Thomas" <Th...@acs-inc.com> on 2006/12/12 15:59:36 UTC

Missing message

I'm lost, frustrated, and reaching out for help.

When I get my JSP in my browser it contains the following in the heading:

???message.excuseQuestions.title???

So I check my messages.properties file and found the following line:

# -- screen messages
message.excuseQuestions.title=Grounds for Requesting Excuse

I just coded this up and can't get it to work. I've successfully coded other
messages and have not had problems like this. The messages.properties file
is in the /classes/resources. The only other wrinkle I can think of is that
we're also using Spring for the front end.

Here is the JSP code:

  <TABLE WIDTH="95%" BORDER="0" CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="5">
	<TR>
	  <TD BACKGROUND="../../images/design/home_title_bg.gif"
ALIGN="CENTER" VALIGN="MIDDLE" height="68">
      	  <fmt:message key="${RadioWithRemarks.title}"/>
		&nbsp;
	  </TD>
	</TR>
  </TABLE>

And the resolved stuff:

  <TABLE WIDTH="95%" BORDER="0" CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="5">
	<TR>
	  <TD BACKGROUND="../../images/design/home_title_bg.gif"
ALIGN="CENTER" VALIGN="MIDDLE" height="68">
      	  ???message.excuseQuestions.title???
		&nbsp;
	  </TD>
	</TR>
  </TABLE>

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Thom Hehl
Software Engineer, Juror Solutions
* Office (859) 277-8800 x 144
* Cell (419) 788-0642
* Thomas.Hehl@acs-inc.com

ACS, Inc.
Government Solutions
1733 Harrodsburg Road
Lexington, KY 40504-3617

information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message and
notify sender via e-mail at Thomas.Hehl@acs-inc.com or by telephone at
859-277-8800 ext. 144.  Thank you.

Re: Missing message

Posted by Kranti Parisa <kr...@gmail.com>.
Dear Martin,

i am also facing the similar kind of problem.
I am not using any spring or JSF
its simple jsp and struts
=============
i am working on internationalization in struts.

for this i did the following

1) WEB-INF/classes/resources folder defined all the files
example : application.properties, application_fr.properties ..etc

2) in each file defined the labels
example
label.firstname=First Name

3) in struts-config.xml file defined the following
<message-resources parameter="resources.application"/>

4) when user successfully logs in setting the Globals.LOCALE_KEY into
session with user specific locale

5) in jsp
<bean:message key="label.firstname"/>

i suppose the above steps should work.
but its displaying null and when i do <message-resources parameter="
resources.application" null="false"/>
then its printing it as ???label.firstname???

which is nothing but null.

Please do suggest/help me for this.

=====================================

--
------------------
Best Regards

Re: Missing message

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Thomas-

I must've missed the registering and loading of your resource bundle in which case you'll need to
Register the resource bundle
http://java.sun.com/javaee/5/docs/tutorial/doc/JSFConfigure5.html#wp1004714
then load the bundle
http://java.sun.com/javaee/5/docs/tutorial/doc/JSFPage6.html#wp137799

HTH
M-
This e-mail message (including attachments, if any) is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, proprietary , confidential and exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.