Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Lennart Aangeenbrug <le...@aangeenbrug.org> on 2005/12/12 12:21:47 UTC

[users@httpd] [htacces] Redirect only html?

Hi,

My hoster redirects my domains to public_html/. The sites are located in
public_html/site1/
public_html/site2/
public_html/site3/ etc
But there are also shared dir's, like public_html/graphic. Now i want to
redirect site1 to /site1, but in this way that the root still
public_html/ is ...

So, when you enter www.site1.com, you will be directed to
www.site1.com/site1/index.php (public_html/site1) and calling
www.site1.com/graphic (public_html/graphic) will end in that directory.
Only the index.html of a specifiec domain has to been redirected;
another domain has to be redirected to his own directory.

The problem is, that in my htaccess file, there are different configs for
different sites. How can I adress a redirect-rule for a specific site?

redirect $file $newlocation

does not work, because the htaccess file does not know, which domain is
adressed. So i'm looking al morning for a solution to tell the htaccess
file that this specific redirect has only to be executed in relation to
a specific domainname. Can someone help me?

gr, Lennart