Posted to dev@deltaspike.apache.org by Rafael Benevides <be...@redhat.com> on 2014/08/27 21:57:42 UTC

Feedback on CMS with Github and Asciidoctor

Hi all,

This email is just to give a feedback about making CMS to work with
Github and Asciidoc.

Finally  I was able to understand enough how CMS works and probably I'm
stopped where John Ament was.

What I'm doing now is writing a GitUtil Perl Module that will be hosted
at http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/deltaspike/site/trunk/lib/ that will
be responsible for cloning the documentation (on deltaspike git repo)
and then another module will run the build (asciidoc to html) just for
[<git_root>/documentation/].

The idea is that the final documentation gets hosted at
deltaspike.apache.org/documentation/ (note the sub folder).

Further steps: Prepare a template so asciidoc generated html uses the
same style of deltaspike.apache.org.

Well, the idea here is to make everyone aware about this and also say
that if is there anybody if Perl knowledge, you're welcome to give some
hints!

Thanks

--

*Rafael Benevides | Senior Software Engineer*
JBoss Developer

Red Hat

See how it works at www.redhat.com <http://www.redhat.com/>

LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/company/3258288> Youtube
<https://www.youtube.com/redhatlatam>

Re: Feedback on CMS with Github and Asciidoctor

Posted by Charles Moulliard <ch...@gmail.com>.
Wonderfull !

--
Charles Moulliard
Apache Committer / Architect @RedHat

Re: Feedback on CMS with Github and Asciidoctor

Posted by Jason Porter <li...@gmail.com>.
Great work!

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
+1

regards,
gerhard

Posted by Pete Muir <pm...@redhat.com>.
Looks good to me.

Posted by Rafael Benevides <be...@redhat.com>.
Hi John,

I believe that it's better to wait for the first contribution docs to
arrive so we can rebase my branch to canonical master.

The idea is to avoid a folder that doesn't make sense (at least for now) ;)

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com>.
Rafael,

Posted by Rafael Benevides <be...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Rafael Benevides <be...@redhat.com>.