Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com> on 1996/11/23 18:21:32 UTC

Re: 1.2b1 status

> Randy, are you still up for rolling the tarball on Sunday ? The choice
> of when is up to you.

Yes. I'll do it Sunday CST.

> Once we have that, those of us not using CVS should grab it and everyone
> should install and test it (as much as you can). There are still outstanding
> bugs but it's useful if we all start from the same source for the last week
> of pre-beta testing and reporting.
>

> What will Sunaday's version be called ?. Does it matter ?   1.2b0 ?

1.2b1

I figure that if it flies (as beta quality) we release it? No?

Re: 1.2b1 status

Posted by Alexei Kosut <ak...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>.
On Sat, 23 Nov 1996, Randy Terbush wrote:

> > What will Sunaday's version be called ?. Does it matter ?   1.2b0 ?
>
> 1.2b1
>
> I figure that if it flies (as beta quality) we release it? No?

Yes, but what if it doesn't? Then what do we call the one we release?
1.2b2? That just confuses people. 1.2b1? That just confuses *us*. I
imagine this as possibly a late alpha release, such as 1.2a1, or an
early beta release, 1.2b0 (what we did for 1.0 - we didn't do
something like this for 1.1, which is possibly why we had to release a
1.1.1 the next day - although we didn't have CVS, was to call it
1.0b0, then 1.0b0a, then 1.1b0b, and so forth).

Alexei Kosut <ak...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>      The Apache HTTP Server