Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Jerry Brown <jb...@dvierow.com> on 2009/09/12 14:14:28 UTC

scomp fails trying javac

I am a newbie and this is an 'old' error.  But I have the JDK ahead of the JRE on my PATH.  It is Java 1.6.  Do you really mean xmbeans 2.4.0 goes with Java 1.5, or does this mean Java 1.5+?  I have not yet tried %JAVA_HOME%\bin\java (or javac?) in the scomp.cmd file.

Please give me your thoughts -- what would the revised script look like?  Do I really need to convert from Java 1.6 back to Java 1.5?

Jerry Brown

Re: scomp fails trying javac

Posted by Jacob Danner <ja...@gmail.com>.
I'm not sure of the question, but I've been using scomp with JDK 1.6
version 04, 10 and now 14 without problems for many months.
HTH,
-jacobd

RE: scomp fails trying javac

Posted by "Strong.James" <Ja...@ftb.ca.gov>.
Jerry,

Not sure if you actually had a problem with scomp.cmd or are reading
documentation that indicates Java 1.5. Either way, if you have the JDK
installed, a PATH setting to include your JDK\bin and a JAVA_HOME
environment variable defined, you should not really have any problem
with scomp.cmd from a Java perspective. Nor should you need to modify
scomp.cmd to use XMLBeans.

I am a newbie and this is an 'old' error.  But I have the JDK ahead of
the JRE on my PATH.  It is Java 1.6.  Do you really mean xmbeans 2.4.0
goes with Java 1.5, or does this mean Java 1.5+?  I have not yet tried
%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java (or javac?) in the scomp.cmd file.

Please give me your thoughts -- what would the revised script look like?
Do I really need to convert from Java 1.6 back to Java 1.5?

Jerry Brown

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email from the State of California is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review or use, including disclosure or distribution, is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of this email.