Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Zbynek Vavros <zb...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/05 23:36:38 UTC

Wicket and material theme

Hi,

for a new project we would like to use (hopefully) well known material
design.
After some discussion we discarded using any popular JS frameworks.
Since most of us work with Wicket for quite some time and we all like it
we would like to stick with it.

Now would be the recommended way to use material design with Wicket?

There is an integration project
https://github.com/l0rdn1kk0n/wicket-bootstrap
that doesn't seem to be very actual (failed builds, TBD in docs...).
It also doesn't seem to implement even basic components (
https://material-components.github.io/material-components-web-catalog/#/component/text-field
).
Or maybe I missed something?

Another option would be to do all styling manually, well...

Did anyone used material with Wicket?

Thanks,
Zbynek

Re: Wicket and material theme

Posted by Zbynek Vavros <zb...@gmail.com>.
Excelent!

Thanks

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Zbynek Vavros <zb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Martin,

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Sebastien <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

For instance Kendo UI is providing widgets with material and material black

https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/themebuilder/

Wicket Kendo UI:

https://github.com/sebfz1/wicket-jquery-ui/blob/wicket8.x/README.md#using-standard-themes-1

Wicket Kendo UI is not yet aligned with latest wicket 8 version, check on
maven central for the latest version if you are interested (I think the
readme is not up to date too). Hopefully the latest version will be
released soon...

Thanks,
Sebastien