Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/15 11:47:32 UTC

[VOTE] Release webconsole 3.1.0 bundlerepository 1.6.4, karaf 1.6.2 (2nd try)

I would like to call a new vote on the following subproject releases:

webconsole 3.1.0
bundlerepository 1.6.4
karaf 1.6.2

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachefelix-053/

You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the
signatures:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/check_staged_release.sh

Usage:
sh check_staged_release.sh 053 /tmp/felix-staging

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release
[ ] -1 There's a problem (please provide specific comments)

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [VOTE] Release webconsole 3.1.0 bundlerepository 1.6.4, karaf 1.6.2 (2nd try)

Posted by Alasdair Nottingham <no...@apache.org>.
+1 a package version change reflects a change to the package, not a
change to the implementation.

Alasdair Nottingham
not@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release webconsole 3.1.0 bundlerepository 1.6.4, karaf 1.6.2 (2nd try)

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 14:15, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 15.06.2010 13:38, Guillaume Nodet wrote:
> > Usually, users would use a range, so it should not matter that much I
> think.
>
> Yes and no.
>
> The problem is, that the bundle version may evolve independently of the
> API export version.
>
> Consider for example that we decide to release a 4.0 version of the Web
> Console in the future whereas the API did not change at all. In this
> case, we should still export the API as 3.1 to not break existing
> plugins which import the API as [3.1,3.2).

And why would be bump the version if there's no change ?  Even if the

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.