Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@101tec.com> on 2008/01/31 00:22:14 UTC

pig status and readmap

Hi there,
we will use pig in a interesting project. However as in every project
we will have a pretty tight schedule. :-/
So I wonder if one of the insider developers can give a stament. I
noticed that there are a bunch of un committed patches. And changes in
the svn only happen  every other day.
Is there any kind of roadmap?
I understand the pig is a pretty young open source project so someone
has an idea how many developers working on the project?
Thanks for any information.
Stefan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
101tec Inc.
Menlo Park, California, USA
http://www.101tec.com

Re: pig status and readmap

Posted by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@101tec.com>.
Hi Olga,
Wow, that sounds great!
Thanks,
Stefan

On Jan 30, 2008, at 4:08 PM, Olga Natkovich wrote:

> Hi Stefan,
>
> Thanks for your comments. The proposed roadmap for the project can be
> viewed at http://wiki.apache.org/pig/ProposedRoadMap.
>
> As far as patches, I reviewed the issues which have patches attached
> and
> they fall into 3 categories:
>
> (1) Several have unresolved issues
> (2) Several we would like to delay till PIG-32 is committed later
> today
> (3) A couple of patches we lost track of and we will be addressing
> that
> in the next few days.
>
> Olga

101tec Inc.