Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Chris Westin <ch...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/01 23:20:34 UTC

Reminder: if you start working on something, please change the status to IN PROGRESS

Someone else pointed out to me that it can be hard to avoid duplicating
work if you don't know that someone else is already working on a ticket.
Surprise! We also have a way to deal with that. If you start work on a JIRA
ticket, change the status to IN PROGRESS (by hitting the "start work"
button).

If it's a new project, submit a JIRA and do the same before you start on
it. This also helps new contributors find work to do that isn't already in
progress.