Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2001/10/29 04:03:34 UTC

ANNOUNCE: introducing template-docset discussion list

You are probably familiar with the docset concept as its final product,
if you saw the mod_perl guide and or the template toolkit documentation.
The two try to make a system for converting a potentially huge set of
documents in different source formats (POD, XML, HTML...) into nicely
linked HTML set (with navigation menus and stuff), PS/PDF book, and
other formats. Andy's system uses templates driven logic, mine is code
driven. Otherwise the two use template toolkit templates for rendering
the final output.

What we are interested in is working on defining the spec for the docset
building system, integration and generalization/abstraction of our
systems (and yours if you join the discussion) with the final goal of
having a code set for documentation publishing using various source
formats and rendering various output formats.

If you are interested in participating in the discussion you can
subscribe to the new list here:

If you know of any other interested parties, please let them know about
this list.

I've reposted parts of our private thread so you know what we are
talking about. The archive is here:
http://www.template-toolkit.org/pipermail/template-docset/

Here is the original announcement: