Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by "R.J. Steinert" <rj...@rjsteinert.com> on 2014/04/08 21:47:45 UTC

Installing CouchDB as a dependency in a Windows App

Hi all,
Our Windows Application has a CouchDB dependency and we're trying to find a
way to install CouchDB during our own install as opposed to requiring the
user to gather the dependencies themselves.  Is there a standard way to do
this? Would looking at the Windows installer for CouchDB help? Where is the
code for the Windows installer of CouchDB?

Thanks for any help you can lend.

- R.J. Steinert

Re: Installing CouchDB as a dependency in a Windows App

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@jsonified.com>.
On 08. April 2014 at 21:48:16, R.J. Steinert (rj@rjsteinert.com) wrote:
> Hi all,
> Our Windows Application has a CouchDB dependency and we're trying to find a
> way to install CouchDB during our own install as opposed to requiring the
> user to gather the dependencies themselves. Is there a standard way to do
> this? Would looking at the Windows installer for CouchDB help? Where is the
> code for the Windows installer of CouchDB?
>
> Thanks for any help you can lend.
>
> - R.J. Steinert

Hey RJ,

This is pretty easy; refer to this:

https://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Quirks_on_Windows#Integrating_CouchDB_into_your_Windows_Applications

And reply back to user@couchdb.apache.org list with any questions.

--
Dave Cottlehuber
Sent from my PDP11

Re: Installing CouchDB as a dependency in a Windows App

Posted by Joan Touzet <jo...@atypical.net>.
HI R.J.,

I have a private MSI version of the installer I need to get contributed
back to CouchDB. It's a couple of releases out of date but I'm sure that
I can get it into shape. I'm afraid it may be too late to get this into
1.6.0.

-Joan