Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Ascot Moss <as...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/20 14:00:15 UTC

Which version of Hadoop

Hi,

I am new to Hadoop, from Hadoop download I can find 4 versions:

1.0.x / 1.1.x / 2.x.x / 0.23.x

May I know which one is the latest stable version that provides Namenode
high availability for production environment?

regards

Re: Which version of Hadoop

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 5:47 AM, Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2.0.4-alpha is being released.
>
> To my knowledge it passed the votes yesterday.

I'll second Ted's suggestion -- 2.0.4-alpha sounds like a pretty
good choice unless you have a really strong reason to *really*
be on Hadoop 1.X codeline.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Which version of Hadoop

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.

Re: Which version of Hadoop

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.

Re: Which version of Hadoop

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.

Re: Which version of Hadoop

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
2.0.4-alpha is being released.

To my knowledge it passed the votes yesterday.

FYI

Re: Which version of Hadoop

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
2.0.4-alpha is being released.