Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <be...@thetechnologiesgroup.com> on 2001/12/03 00:24:37 UTC

Moving Component Util

Please, before moving code from one package to another, check
with everybody first.  I usually have too much going on in the
weekends to respond, so give me till Monday at least!

There is a _very_ good reason that the Component validation code
*should* be in Framework.  The most important reason is that Framework
needs a mechanism to validate it's proper use.  It helps newbies
find out whether their Components will work properly.  Also, by
including such a validation, we can enforce our contracts better.
Enforcing contracts is a _good_ and _proper_ method of engineering
a system.  Enforcing contracts should not be viewed as "optional",
and only if you use Excalibur.  Enforcing Contracts is a core part
of any framework--and we should include the code that validates our
known contracts within Framework.

The only thing I can accept is that it might be moved to a different
package within the *same* project, but not moved over to a different
project based on a whim without finding out the reasoning for it
being in the Framework project.  I will be happy to discuss this
further tomorow morning.