Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by John Sichi <js...@fb.com> on 2011/06/27 01:22:50 UTC

wiki has moved!

Hey there,

With some wiki migration magic from Brock Noland (assisted by Gavin from INFRA), we've moved all of the content from MoinMoin to Confluence.

The new location is here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive

All of the MoinMoin pages have been deleted; this is to make sure people don't accidentally keep editing there.  I left behind some forwarding info.

We need your help (or at least tolerance) to deal with some of the imperfections in the migration process:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/AboutThisWiki

If you already an editor on the old wiki, or if you would like to help with fixing/editing now, contact me for write access to the new one.  If you turn out to be a spammer, I will hunt you down, disembowel you, and feed your entrails to my dog.

JVS

Re: wiki has moved!

Posted by John Sichi <js...@fb.com>.
On Jun 27, 2011, at 5:16 PM,  wrote:
> I don't have control over the MoinMoin server; if someone has something specific they can create an INFRA request, but the page name translation is not 1-to-1, so it's probably not worth the effort; the old stuff should age out, and the new stuff will get crawled soon enough.

Hmm, but looks like there's a robots.txt which blocks crawlers in

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence

Instead, from looking at other projects such as Avro, I guess the crawlers are supposed to hit the generated HTML under

https://cwiki.apache.org/Hive

But the HTML pages only seem to get regenerated on edit, so most of them aren't there post-import; let's see if a cron job kicks in.

Also, the CSS is missing border padding, so we'll need to fix that.

JVS

Re: wiki has moved!

Posted by John Sichi <js...@fb.com>.
On Jun 27, 2011, at 4:37 PM, Time Less wrote:
> Might as well add me as editor. I've found tons of errors and problems. Not the least of which the regexserde is now completely borked and nonsensical. Compare "([^]*) ([^]*) ..." against "([^ ]*) ([^ ]*) ..." - I thought I was going insane.

Email me your Confluence account name.

Re: wiki has moved!

Posted by Time Less <ti...@gmail.com>.

--