Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Brandon Pedersen <bp...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/22 05:16:04 UTC

ssl route link

Hi, its me again :)

So now that I have a queue route working between my 2 c++ brokers
running 0.12 I would like to make the link between the brokers go over
ssl. I have enabled ssl on the destination broker and would like the
source broker to connect over ssl. I don't need or want to have the
source broker configured to use ssl if I can avoid it, I only need the
destination broker to be using ssl.

So the working command I have to create the queue push route is this:
qpid-route -d -s queue add 192.168.2.2 192.168.2.1 mytopic everything

I would have thought the following command would work to enable an ssl
connection to the destination broker (which is running ssl on port
5671):
qpid-route -d -s -t ssl queue add 192.168.2.2:5671 192.168.2.1 mytopic
everything

However, the link and route is not setup and in the source broker's
log I see this message:
error Transport 'ssl' not supported

I am not sure why though. Is there some library I need to make sure is
available? I have cross-compiled the broker and I'm not sure if all
the libraries for ssl have been properly compiled in or moved to the
target machine.

Thanks,

-Brandon

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: ssl route link

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 09/22/2011 05:07 AM, Brandon Pedersen wrote:
> So I got NSS working correctly now and have imported the CA
> certificate used for the servers cert into the database. However, when
> I start up the broker I still get an error initializing the plugin:
> Failed to load certificate '<hostname>'
>
> I guess this goes back to part of my original question, in order to
> connect over ssl to another broker do I also have to have ssl properly
> set up on the client broker? (that's what this error message leads me
> to believe)

Yes. The 'client' broker actually uses the SSL support from the broker
side plugin and that attempts to load the brokers certificate from the
cert db.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: ssl route link

Posted by Brandon Pedersen <bp...@gmail.com>.