Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by arunmohan <st...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/12 20:56:06 UTC

Looking for a Champion and mentor

Hi,

Good afternoon.

 I have been working on a java generic parallel execution library which will
allow clients to execute methods in parallel irrespective of the number of
method arguments, type of method arguments, return type of the method etc.

Here is the link to the source code:
https://github.com/striderarun/parallel-execution-engine

The project is in a nascent state and I would like to bring this project
into Apache and build a developer community around it.
I am new to the Apache community and I understand from the documentation
that a Champion is required for the proposal.

But I feel the project by itself does not warrant a new Incubator project,
maybe the right place for it would be as part of the Apache Commons project,
since it deals with reusable java components. Do I need an Incubator
proposal to add this project as part of Apache Commons?
Can somebody please guide me?

Thanks,
Arun

Re: Looking for a Champion and mentor

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
Hi,

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 10:56 PM, arunmohan <st...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...Do I need an Incubator
> proposal to add this project as part of Apache Commons?...

No, the Commons PMC can decide by itself which contributions it wants to accept.

Best is to get in touch with them, see http://commons.apache.org/

-Bertrand

Re: Looking for a Champion and mentor

Posted by arunmohan <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply. I will reach out to the Commons Developer mailing
list as you suggested.

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi Arun,

Your project is quite small at the moment and only you have committed. I agree with you that this code looks more like a Commons subproject. You should reach out to the Commons developer ML - dev@commons.apache.org

This is still a good place to ask as others may know of other places or similar efforts.

Regards,
Dave