Posted to wss4j-dev@ws.apache.org by Mi...@servicecanada.gc.ca on 2007/07/09 23:26:22 UTC

wss4j and axis2?

Hi,

I've been digging around the source code of wss4j, and there's something =
very fundamental I don't understand.

As far as I know, I've got the most recent versions of these (axis2 1.2, =
wss4j 1.5.2). The strange thing is, wss4j seems to use the older axis 1 =
libraries, with package names like org.apache.axis.*, whereas axis2 has =
package names like org.apache.axis2.*.

I would expect to get a lot of ClassNotFound exceptions, but it seems to =
work fine. Is there some strange trickery going on, or am I just =
confused?

Thanks
Michael Davis

RE: wss4j and axis2?

Posted by Mi...@servicecanada.gc.ca.
I've just figured out that there are just 3 classes in wss4j that depend on the old axis libraries. The rampart configuration I'm using (symmetric key encoding) didn't use those classes, so I saw no ClassNotFound exceptions.

cheers,
md

Re: wss4j and axis2?

Posted by Pietro Romanazzi <p....@tno.it>.