Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Anshum <an...@naukri.com> on 2008/02/25 05:52:08 UTC

Timeout for search threads

Hi,

Is there a way I could add a timeout value for each search instance
while searching? Currently I encounter issues while a bottleneck causing
query continues to execute for over 1000 seconds(I am still looking into
the cause for the same though, to remove it from the root)
I need to have a TTL kind of an idea for each search thread to jump over
such blocking queries.

--
Anshum

Re: Timeout for search threads

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-997

On Feb 24, 2008, at 11:52 PM, Anshum wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way I could add a timeout value for each search instance
> while searching? Currently I encounter issues while a bottleneck
> causing
> query continues to execute for over 1000 seconds(I am still looking
> into
> the cause for the same though, to remove it from the root)
> I need to have a TTL kind of an idea for each search thread to jump
> over
> such blocking queries.
>
> --
> Anshum

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucenebootcamp.com
Next Training: April 7, 2008 at ApacheCon Europe in Amsterdam

Lucene Helpful Hints: