Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Bharath Vissapragada <bh...@apache.org> on 2020/05/04 19:48:13 UTC

Heads up, infra integration changes

Hi,

I just committed this change
<https://github.com/apache/hbase/commit/da7c6cc059660478eaeb5695b2283a8d90b66a7b>
that
changes the way we integrate with the ASF infra. Refer to HBASE-24261
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-24261>. As mentioned in the
jira, there _might be_ some unintended consequences, for example, issues
like

- Something new popped up in the project Github page that was not there
before
- Project emails being sent to wrong aliases messing up my labels
- Github PR is spamming jiras with unnecessary comments etc.

These are just some random examples I came up with and they may or may not
happen, but incase you notice anything odd w.r.t infrastructure, please
report on the jira or respond to this email. Once we are sure that all the
mailing lists and PR linking is working as expected, we need to do similar
fixes in our other repos (and branches).

- Bharath

Re: Heads up, infra integration changes

Posted by Bharath Vissapragada <bh...@apache.org>.
Update: The patch is now in all repos except hbase-site. As always, speak
up if you see something odd.

I plan to commit the hbase-site patch over the coming weekend so that I
have some time to fix/revert changes if something goes wrong (will put it
up for review before then). Let me know if anyone disagrees with the timing
or the approach.

Posted by Bharath Vissapragada <bh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <se...@gmail.com>.

--