Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rajarshi Mukherjee <ra...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/24 12:21:23 UTC

Help Regarding UI Modification for OpenOffice

Hi,

I am working on a OpenOffice UI modification work. However all the UI
handles I am getting are through UNO bridge.

So I can access the UI, draw images, shapes, update cell. But I cannot
change the UI of the OpenOffice itself.

E.g.
a.   If I want to draw a 3D Image using OpenOffice and assume this is not
supported through UNO bridge and Service Manager, than what is the way out.
b.   If I want to port the OpenOffice to an unsupported platform without
the UNO bridge than what are my options.

Question
1. I want to know which module draws the OpenOffice UI by default.
2. I want to change the UI without going through UNO. UNO is allowing us to
access the UI and customize UI.

Thanks in advance.
Regds,
Rajarshi Mukherjee

Re: Help Regarding UI Modification for OpenOffice

Posted by Rajarshi Mukherjee <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Going through the post, I find that VCL and GSL will be available in Java
version also.

Is the Java based VCL/GSL is ready? Where can I find the code.

Regds,
Rajarshi Mukherjee

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Rajarshi,

Posted by Rajarshi Mukherjee <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andre,

Do you have any reference Architecture of the OpenOffice UI? The code have
minimal comments. So if any architecture document, is available, kindly let
me know.

That will be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Regds,
Rajarshi Mukherjee

Posted by Rajarshi Mukherjee <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andre,

Posted by Andre Fischer <af...@a-w-f.de>.

Posted by Rajarshi Mukherjee <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kevin,

That's good. I am trying to understand the UI architecture such that the
Service Manager and UI can be ported to other platforms.

UNO is a bridge to access this layer. But that effectively means, Service
Managed must be running on Target Platform.

Regds,
Rajarshi Mukherjee

Posted by Kevin Grignon <ke...@gmail.com>.
KG01 - see comments inline.