Posted to dev@devlake.apache.org by an shimin <sh...@gmail.com> on 2022/07/26 08:15:18 UTC

DevLake's podling report (August 2022)(Revised report based on community feedback)

DevLake is an open-source dev data platform that ingests, analyzes, and
visualizes the fragmented data from DevOps tools to distill insights for
engineering productivity.
DevLake has been incubating since 2022-04-29
Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

1. Grow the community, add committers and PPMC members
2. Grow the ecosystem, support more data sources and use cases

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?
No issues at the moment.

1. 3 new contributors have joined the community
2. The two committer candidates are going through the voting process
3. Hosted three community meetups
4. Two community members (Maxim Wheatley and Warren Chen) will be
presenting at
ApacheCon Asia 2022 this week.

1. Refactored the database connection method
2. Improved e2e and unit test
3. Improved user documentation
4. Improved error message
5. Added more plugins
6. Made DevLake`s first WIP release v0.11.0

How would you assess the podling's maturity?
Please feel free to add your own commentary.

[] Initial setup
[] Working towards first release
[x] Community building
[] Nearing graduation
[] Other:

Date of last release:
2022-07-18

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
Not applicable. DevLake is working on more committers and PPMC

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?
Yes, they are very helpful and responsive.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?
There are no known brand and naming issues.

Re: DevLake's podling report (August 2022)(Revised report based on community feedback)

Posted by an shimin <sh...@gmail.com>.
hi, all
   I updated this report based on hezheng's suggestion, thanks hezheng

Posted by an shimin <sh...@gmail.com>.
[...]

Date of last release:

Posted by Hezheng Yin <yi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shimin,

Two new committers (Yanghui Lin and Yumeng Wang) passed the vote just
yesterday. Do you think you could update the answer to "How has the
community developed since the last report?" and "When were the last
committers or PPMC members elected?" in the podling report? Thanks!

Best,
Hezheng

Posted by Hezheng Yin <yi...@gmail.com>.
Hi everyone,

I've migrated the latest version to confluence, now it's ready for our
mentors to sign off.

Link: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/August2022

Shimin, thanks for volunteering for this task!

Best,
Hezheng

Posted by Liang Zhang <li...@merico.dev.INVALID>.