Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Paul Spencer <pa...@mindspring.com> on 2007/10/09 15:26:40 UTC

Missing xbean and commons-dbcp depenencies when building 3-beta1 examples

I am getting "Unable to get resource" errors for the following artifacts:
     xbean-naming-3.2-r579367.pom
     xbean-reflect-3.2-r579367.pom
     commons-dbcp-1.3-r562808.pom
     xbean-finder-3.2-r579367.pom

The following repositories are checked, and they artifacts are truly not
their:
     http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org
     http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/
     http://repo1.maven.org/maven2

Although I suspect this is related to the above, the unit tests are
failing with the following error:
   FATAL - OpenEJB has encountered a fatal error and cannot be started:
           The Assembler encountered an unexpected error while attempting
           to build the container system.
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory
         at
org.apache.geronimo.transaction.manager.TransactionManagerImpl.<clinit>(TransactionManagerImpl.java:42)

Paul Spencer

Re: Missing xbean and commons-dbcp depenencies when building 3-beta1 examples

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
Looks like we need to add the repo (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/
openejb/repo) to the pom.xml in our examples.

Definitely something for 3.0-beta-2.  Till then, as Dain notes, you
can add this:

     <repository>
       <id>openejb-3rdparty-builds</id>
       <name>3rd Party Build Repository</name>