Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Andor Molnar <an...@cloudera.com.INVALID> on 2018/09/03 10:16:53 UTC

Re: ZooKeeper 3.5 blocker issues

Unfortunately I haven't got feedback on this blocker list, can we say that
we have an agreement on it? :)

- ZOOKEEPER-236 (SSL/TLS support for Atomic Broadcast protocol)
- ZOOKEEPER-1549 (Data inconsistency when follower is receiving a DIFF with
a dirty snapshot)
- ZOOKEEPER-1818 (Fix don't care for trunk)
- ZOOKEEPER-2418 (txnlog diff sync can skip sending some transactions to
followers)
- ZOOKEEPER-2778 (Potential server deadlock between follower sync with
leader and follower receiving external connection requests.)
- ZOOKEEPER-2846 (Leader follower sync with on disk txns can possibly leads
to data inconsistency) (might be duplicate of ZK-2418)
- ZOOKEEPER-2930 (Leader cannot be elected due to network timeout of some
members.)

Most of these tickets are having patch available in Jira or in Github. I'll
review them in the next few weeks to see how we could resolve the issues. I
believe that if these tickets can be closed in one way or the other, we'll
be able to release the upcoming 3.5 version as stable.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Andor