Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Bill Weinman <we...@bearnet.com> on 1997/08/31 18:50:03 UTC

mod_include/1080: #exec cmd works, but #exec cgi won't.

>Number:         1080
>Category:       mod_include
>Synopsis:       #exec cmd works, but #exec cgi won't.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Running 122 virtual domains, exec cgi stops working. Since exec cmd
still works, I don't think this is a problem with OS configuration,
but I may be wrong. I tried increasing /proc/sys/kernel/file-max
and /proc/sys/vm/freepages and that didn't change the problem, but
I commented out a few virtual domains and the problem went away.

I need to know what resources I'm running out of. The message in the
error log is "couldn't spawn child process". But why would #exec cmd
work and not #exec cgi? Looks buggish from this end.

TIA,

--Bill