Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za> on 2009/01/16 15:58:21 UTC

Cocoon 2.1.8 Forms + AJAX : Final call for help!

In October last year I submitted a number of queries to the list, as I was  trying to get Cocoon 2.1.8 Forms + AJAX working together in my application.
This was the last entry in that thread... http://marc.info/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=122408149728592&w=2
In the end, I did not succeed and moved on to other issues.  Now I have been trying again - still without success.  I have been trying for 3 days and am intensely frustrated with not understanding what is going wrong.

So far, I have managed to extract the small sample that comes with Cocoon, dealing with car make selection, and put it into its own directory, and get it to work.  Small modifications cause problems though - with dialog box messages like "no xml answer" not really providing me with a clue as to what the real problem it!  I also cannot get my existing site setup - with heavily customized page layout, form styling and a form template layout that seems quite different from the sample one (?) - to work (for example, the transformed page does not have all the resources loaded into the page header).

If anyone has an app that is *not* part of the standard Cocoon suite, showing how the form styling can be customized, I would really love to see it.

Failing that, if anyone can spell out *exactly* what resources are needed to make AJAX work in Cocoon forms - by this I mean files, directories, site map entries etc. etc. (and even specific code snippets in files - as its obvious that my customized form styling is missing some vital element/s), I would really, really  appreciate it.  Otherwise I guess I will have to write off another week of my life to Cocoon :(

Thanks
Derek

Re: Cocoon 2.1.8 Forms + AJAX : Final call for help!

Posted by Jean-Christophe Kermagoret <jc...@bluexml.com>.
Well,
sorry for the inconvenience :-)

You can try again, it should be OK

HTH

JC

David Legg a écrit :
> That's a shame... all your links require a username and password to
> get in... :-(
>
>> Hi,
>> have a look at :
>> * http://svn.bluexml.com/svn/bluexml/org/erp/trunk/
>> *
>> http://svn.bluexml.com/svn/bluexml/org/erp/trunk/blocks/core/common/webapp/resources/forms/
>>

>> and more specifically at
>> *
>> http://svn.bluexml.com/svn/bluexml/org/erp/trunk/blocks/core/common/webapp/resources/forms/xsl
>>

> Regards,
> David Legg

Jean-Christophe Kermagoret
Directeur associe

BlueXML
40, bd Jean Ingres
44100 Nantes

Tel. : +33.2.40.46.62.78
Mob. : +33.6.08.56.83.80

BlueXML : http://www.bluexml.com
KerBlue : http://www.kerblue.org

Re: Cocoon 2.1.8 Forms + AJAX : Final call for help!

Posted by David Legg <da...@searchevent.co.uk>.

Posted by Jean-Christophe Kermagoret <jc...@bluexml.com>.
Hi,
have a look at :
* http://svn.bluexml.com/svn/bluexml/org/erp/trunk/
*
http://svn.bluexml.com/svn/bluexml/org/erp/trunk/blocks/core/common/webapp/resources/forms/

and more specifically at
*
http://svn.bluexml.com/svn/bluexml/org/erp/trunk/blocks/core/common/webapp/resources/forms/xsl

All of this worked very well 1-2 years ago, with 2.1.9 and 2.2 Cocoon.
This project generates from UML models form which were customized to
work in Cocoon Portal with Ajax features enabled in CForms and CPortal.

 From memory, the parts in *
http://svn.bluexml.com/svn/bluexml/org/erp/trunk/blocks/core/common/webapp/resources/forms/xsl
should show you how to make things work together and customize them.

If you are pretty brave, you should succeed. In my current project,
based on KerBlue, my interest to have a Forms manager based on cocoon
rising again :-) so I can give you some help,

HTH

Posted by DAVIGNON Andre - CETE NP/DIODé/PANDOC <An...@developpement-durable.gouv.fr>.
Hi Derek,

I read your previous mails again and it seems you JS are not loaded,
maybe, as it happened to me, "head" is never matched by <xsl:template
match="head" mode="forms-field">. According to me that's *the* problem :

Get the needed JS or use the standard ones
Verify with Firebug they're loaded.
If not, this is a sitemap or XSL match problem

Anyway, i use Ajax Cforms with Cocoon 2.1.11 and its JS API seems to be
different form the 2.1.8 one (i even had surprises updating form 2.1.10
to 2.1.11). This app is much too complex to be shown as an useful example...

Regards.

André

Le 16/01/2009 15:58, > Derek Hohls (par Internet, dépôt
users-return-97055-andre.davignon=developpement-durable.gouv.fr@cocoon.apache.org)

Posted by Gary Larsen <ga...@envisn.com>.
> you probably mean in the cocoon-ajax-block.jar?

Oops, you're correct.

Are you using the (external) matcher to get at the resources?  Perhaps this
changed between versions.

gary

Posted by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za>.
Gary

I am sure that they are - as I said previously, I think the issue is in
the "heavily customized" forms stylesheet that I am using.

Looks like I will have to start al over again with the working sample,
and gradually add in my changes - when it "breaks" I will have an idea
exactly what is different about the way I have done styling vs how it is
done in the samples.  I am not sure how "fragile" this whole construct
is, but clearly its *not* a matter of simply adding in a few tags &
lines of Javascript (which is what I had hoped when I first posted!).

Thanks
Derek

>>> On 2009/01/19 at 05:19, in message
<4D...@envisnofc.com>, "Gary Larsen"
<ga...@envisn.com> wrote:

Sorry I*m not much help here.  Have you tried opening the ajax jar to
make sure the resources are there with the correct paths (just to check
the block build) ?  (maybe 2.1.8 is a bit different than 2.1.9)
gary

Posted by Jasha Joachimsthal <j....@onehippo.com>.

________________________________

	Sorry I'm not much help here.  Have you tried opening the ajax
jar to make sure the resources are there with the correct paths (just to
check the block build) ?  (maybe 2.1.8 is a bit different than 2.1.9)

A lot of cforms changes have been done in 2.1.9 so yes, it is different
than 2.1.8. See [1] for the list of changes.

[1] http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/changes.html

Jasha Joachimsthal

j.joachimsthal@onehippo.com - jasha@apache.org

www.onehippo.com <http://www.onehippo.com/>
San Francisco - Hippo USA Inc. 101 H Street, suite Q Petaluma CA
94952-5100 +1 (707) 773-4646

RE: Cocoon 2.1.8 Forms + AJAX : Final call for help!

<http://www.mailscanner.info/> MailScanner,

Posted by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za>.
Thanks Gary & Jeroen

Posted by Jeroen Reijn <j....@onehippo.com>.