Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@apache.org> on 2000/05/15 02:17:08 UTC

[Cocoon 2.0] Beta Version on the 19th?

Ok... I know it... I'm not a good project manager...
I'm committing al my changes next week (after finishing the integration
of Ricardo's XSP in my code), rolling what i would call a "beta" version
for the 2.0 and then giving back the lead to someone else (since i've
proven myself not to be a good leader)...
it's pointless to say anything else right now, but showing you the code
i wrote, and committing it on the CVS (my deadline is the 19th!)

	pier

<ma...@betaversion.org>      <http://www.betaversion.org/~pier/>

Re: [Cocoon 2.0] Beta Version on the 19th?

Posted by Ross Burton <ro...@mail.com>.
> > I'm committing al my changes next week (after finishing the integration
> > of Ricardo's XSP in my code), rolling what i would call a "beta" version
> > for the 2.0 and then giving back the lead to someone else (since i've
> > proven myself not to be a good leader)...
> > it's pointless to say anything else right now, but showing you the code
> > i wrote, and committing it on the CVS (my deadline is the 19th!)

Excellent news!

> Is there any danger of a sneek preview? I'm guessing I'll have
> to reintegrate the offline widget into the new code before that
> comes anyway near getting into CVS :/
>
> I could really do with getting CocoonOffline into CVS so that I
> can track CVS properly without messing around with patches etc
> etc... As I said, there's a newer version sitting on my machine
> with considerably less bugs if you're ready for it. Failing that
> I guess I'll have to wait until the beta comes out, re-integrate
> then and give you the code back again?

Same question for me and the SVG Serializer patches, should I get ready to
re-integrate them come the 19th or are they included?

Ross Burton

Re: [Cocoon 2.0] Beta Version on the 19th?

Posted by Paul Russell <pa...@luminas.co.uk>.
On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 07:44:04PM +0100, Paul Russell wrote:
> Will do. I'm currently stuck in windows (designing stationary of all
> things) so I can't get to my cvs tree.I'll chuck you (and Ricardo)
> a copy just as soon as I get my workstation back to UNIX.

Done. Apologies for the delay, nightmare day.

--
Paul Russell                               <pa...@luminas.co.uk>
Luminas Ltd.

Re: [Cocoon 2.0] Beta Version on the 19th?

Posted by Paul Russell <pa...@luminas.co.uk>.

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Mon, 15 May 2000, Paul Russell wrote:

> On Mon, May 15, 2000 at 12:43:06PM -0400, Donald Ball wrote:
> > Hell, I'd be +1 to have Paul check in his patches now unless
> > it'd really mess you up.
>
> Heh. Slight logistics issue there - I don't have commit
> access. Happy to e-mail them to the appropriate deity...

I'd check them in for you, but I was hoping Pier would yay or nay this
proposal. Flip 'em my way if you would anyway, though, I'd like to apply
them locally to see what you've got going on.

- donald

Re: [Cocoon 2.0] Beta Version on the 19th?

Posted by Paul Russell <pa...@luminas.co.uk>.

Posted by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk>.
Donald Ball wrote:
> Thus, the problem with offline development. Hey Pier, I'd personally
> prefer you to continually check in the development code in CVS. I mean,
> hell, it's an alpha branch, it doesn't bother me if it doesn't work or
> even compile, but it does allow the rest of us to play in the repository
> too. Might even mean less work for you in the long run. Hell, I'd be +1 to
> have Paul check in his patches now unless it'd really mess you up.

Gotta agree with this ... my rule of thumb is to start worrying if I've
been working for a whole day without a checkin.

Every time I have a working build (not necessarily thoroughly tested) I
check in, as a rule.

Cheers,

Ben.

--
http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html

Coming to ApacheCon Europe 2000? http://apachecon.com/

Re: [Cocoon 2.0] Beta Version on the 19th?

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.

Posted by Paul Russell <pa...@luminas.co.uk>.

Posted by Ross Burton <ro...@lineone.net>.
Pier,

> it's pointless to say anything else right now, but showing you the code
> i wrote, and committing it on the CVS (my deadline is the 19th!)

Well, I make it 19:38 on the 19th and it's still not here!

IIRC, you are on -4:00 so it's 15:38 there...  c'mon man, we want C2!!!!

;-)

I think you should get an ICQ account, that way we can bug you more...

Ross

PROGRAM: n.  a magic spell cast over a computer allowing it to turn one's
input into error messages.  v.t.  to engage in a pastime similar to banging
one's head against a wall, but with fewer opportunities for reward.

Slipstream: http://come.to/slipstream
The Culture: http://come.to/theculture
ICQ: 5167146

Re: [Cocoon 2.0] Beta Version on the 19th?

Posted by Giacomo Pati <Gi...@pwr.ch>.
"Pier P. Fumagalli" wrote:

> Ok... I know it... I'm not a good project manager...

Don't give up on the first try! Project managerment is somthing you have
to grow into.

> I'm committing al my changes next week (after finishing the integration
> of Ricardo's XSP in my code), rolling what i would call a "beta" version
> for the 2.0 and then giving back the lead to someone else (since i've
> proven myself not to be a good leader)...

Are you talking from other experiences that cocoon 2.0?

> it's pointless to say anything else right now, but showing you the code

Giacomo

Re: [Cocoon 2.0] Beta Version on the 19th?

Posted by Ross Burton <ro...@mail.com>.
> it's pointless to say anything else right now, but showing you the code
> i wrote, and committing it on the CVS (my deadline is the 19th!)

Any chance of a brief list of what is new?

Ross Burton

Re: [Cocoon 2.0] Beta Version on the 19th?

Posted by Ross Burton <ro...@mail.com>.
Hmm.  Note to self.  Never edit a mail message while Outlook Express is
trying to send it...

Ross

Re: [Cocoon 2.0] Beta Version on the 19th?

Posted by Ross Burton <ro...@lineone.net>.
Pier,

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Sun, 14 May 2000, Pier P. Fumagalli wrote:

> Ok... I know it... I'm not a good project manager...
> I'm committing al my changes next week (after finishing the integration
> of Ricardo's XSP in my code), rolling what i would call a "beta" version
> for the 2.0 and then giving back the lead to someone else (since i've
> proven myself not to be a good leader)...
> it's pointless to say anything else right now, but showing you the code
> i wrote, and committing it on the CVS (my deadline is the 19th!)

Woohoo! Pier is the man! We like Pier and Pier likes us!

- donald