Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Giovanni Gherdovich <g....@gmail.com> on 2012/06/30 15:44:32 UTC

how do I trash a whole index and start over?

Hi all,

how do I trash a whole index and start over
with a new fresh index of my corpus?

I need that since I modified my schema.xml
since my last indexing, and I'd like the changes
to be taken into account.

Cheers,
Giovanni

Re: how do I trash a whole index and start over?

Posted by Giovanni Gherdovich <g....@gmail.com>.
2012/6/30 Dmitry Kan:
> Hello,
>
> The easiest way is to remove what's inside data/index directory; in case
> you have a spell-checker index, remove it as well. This requires solr
> instance restart.

thanks dmitry, I'll go for this solution.

cheers,
GGhh

Re: how do I trash a whole index and start over?

Posted by Dmitry Kan <dm...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

The easiest way is to remove what's inside data/index directory; in case
you have a spell-checker index, remove it as well. This requires solr
instance restart.

Another way, without restarting the server, is to issue deleteByQuery over
http.

When you are done, you need to reindex your data in order to take changes
of new schema.xml into use.

// Dmitry

On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 4:44 PM, Giovanni Gherdovich <g.gherdovich@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> how do I trash a whole index and start over
> with a new fresh index of my corpus?
>
> I need that since I modified my schema.xml
> since my last indexing, and I'd like the changes
> to be taken into account.
>
> Cheers,
> Giovanni

Dmitry Kan