Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net> on 2005/05/27 10:08:03 UTC

Re: Custom Black list question

> I have a custom black list with rules like :
>
> blacklist_from *@dtc.com
>
> How can one make sure these rules are picked up by spamassassin as these
> emails are still getting through ....

You don't say if there are any indications of whether these rules are
hitting and the mail is still getting through, or if they are not hitting at
all.

The rules should be in an *.cf file in the normal place for rules files on
your system; ie: wherever local.cf is, for instance.

You should run lint to make sure you don't have a problem somewhere.  One
lint error near the front of a rules file can blow out the rest of the file.

If running spamd, you need to restart it after installing new rules.  This
goes for various other methods of integrating SA also, but it depends on how
you are doing it, which you didn't say.

        Loren