Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by dean gaudet <dg...@arctic.org> on 2001/01/06 21:59:04 UTC

acinclude.m4 vs. aclocal.m4

both acinclude.m4 and aclocal.m4 appear to define APACHE_MODPATH_INIT and
a few others in exactly the same way...

should both those definitions exist?

aclocal.m4 appears to be a generated file (just judging by looking at
timestamps, i haven't figured out what generates it yet).  maybe it should
have a big warning at the top?

-dean

Re: acinclude.m4 vs. aclocal.m4

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
This is one of those things that I hate about our build
system.  aclocal.m4 is generated from acinclude.m4.  acinclude.m4 is never
used by anything.  There should definately by a warning at the top of
aclocal.m4.  Even better, would be making sure that we really need both.

Ryan

On Sat, 6 Jan 2001, dean gaudet wrote:

> both acinclude.m4 and aclocal.m4 appear to define APACHE_MODPATH_INIT and
> a few others in exactly the same way...
>
> should both those definitions exist?
>
> aclocal.m4 appears to be a generated file (just judging by looking at
> timestamps, i haven't figured out what generates it yet).  maybe it should
> have a big warning at the top?
>
> -dean

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131