Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Chun-Hung Hsiao <ch...@mesosphere.io> on 2018/08/24 23:42:46 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Mesos 1.7.0 (rc2)

Hi all,

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Mesos 1.7.0.

1.7.0 includes the following:
* Performance Improvements:
  * Master `/state` endpoint: ~130% throughput improvement through RapidJSON
  * Allocator: Improved allocator cycle significantly
  * Agent `/containers` endpoint: Fixed a performance issue
  * Agent container launch / destroy throughput is significantly improved
* Containerization:
  * **Experimental** Supported docker image tarball fetching from HDFS
  * Added new `cgroups/all` and `linux/devices` isolators
  * Added metrics for `network/cni` isolator and docker pull latency
* Windows:
  * Added support to libprocess for the Windows Thread Pool API
* Multi-Framework Workloads:
  * **Experimental** Added per-framework metrics to the master
  * A new weighted random sorter was added as an alternative to the DRF
sorter

The CHANGELOG for the release is available at:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=mesos.git;a=blob_plain;f=CHANGELOG;hb=1.7.0-rc2

The candidate for Mesos 1.7.0 release is available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mesos/1.7.0-rc2/mesos-1.7.0.tar.gz

The tag to be voted on is 1.7.0-rc2:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=mesos.git;a=commit;h=1.7.0-rc2

The SHA512 checksum of the tarball can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mesos/1.7.0-rc2/mesos-1.7.0.tar.gz.sha512

The signature of the tarball can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mesos/1.7.0-rc2/mesos-1.7.0.tar.gz.asc

The PGP key used to sign the release is here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/mesos/KEYS

The JAR is in a staging repository here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemesos-1233

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Mesos 1.7.0!

The vote is open until Mon Aug 27 16:37:35 PDT 2018 and passes if a
majority of at least 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Mesos 1.7.0

Chun-Hung & Gaston

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mesos 1.7.0 (rc2)

Posted by Greg Mann <gr...@mesosphere.io>.
+1 (binding)

Tested in our internal CI; several test failures were observed but they are
known flaky tests.

Also ran our internal DC/OS integration tests against this build, and the
results look good.

Thanks for the reminder, Chun-Hung!

Greg

Posted by Greg Mann <gr...@mesosphere.io>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Chun-Hung Hsiao <ch...@mesosphere.io>.
Folks,

Posted by Chun-Hung Hsiao <ch...@mesosphere.io>.
Folks,

Posted by Chun-Hung Hsiao <ch...@mesosphere.io>.
Hi all,

Posted by Chun-Hung Hsiao <ch...@mesosphere.io>.
Hi all,

Because of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-9193,
I'll vote for a -1 for RC2. I've put up some patches for Clang 3.5 support,
and will make another RC early next week.

Thanks,
Chun-Hung & Gaston

Posted by Chun-Hung Hsiao <ch...@mesosphere.io>.
Hi all,