Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Thomas Watson <tj...@gmail.com> on 2023/01/18 17:47:40 UTC

Issues doing release step mvn release:prepare

I am preparing an SCR 2.2.6 release for vote and I ran into an issue with
mvn release:prepare because of the use of
https://github.com/apache/felix-dev.git has the scm connection.  The issue
was trying to push up the commit and tag associated with the prepared
release.  Github responded saying that https authentication has been
removed.

I had to update the release.properties to make it use
git@github.com:apache/felix-dev.git
instead to get past the error and push up the commit and associated tag
successfully for the prepared release.

Has anyone else run into this issue when releasing?  Should the <scm> tags
in poms be updated to use git@github.com:apache/felix-dev.git instead for
<connection> and <developerConnectin> tags? Is there some other way around
this issue, or is this only happening to me?

Tom

Re: Issues doing release step mvn release:prepare

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Tom

Last time I did Felix release, I didn't have issue.

The scm section should look like
scm:git:https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/felix.git (github mirror
should work as well).

Regards