Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "I.Venuti" <i....@caribel.pisa.it> on 2005/05/09 12:48:24 UTC

lib names & Axis 1.2 RELEASE

Hi,

I noticed that some libs in the new axis webapp contains the release number
(i.e common-discovery-0.2.jar) while in the RC3 only log4j contains it.
Obviusly this isn't a problem, but I need to retouch all my build files in
order to change the classpaths and this will be done at any new release of
the jars.

I think that the older convention is more easy to mantain.

-- Ivan

Re: lib names & Axis 1.2 RELEASE

Posted by Mike Moran <mi...@mac.com>.
I.Venuti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that some libs in the new axis webapp contains the release number
> (i.e common-discovery-0.2.jar) while in the RC3 only log4j contains it.
> Obviusly this isn't a problem, but I need to retouch all my build files in
> order to change the classpaths and this will be done at any new release of
> the jars.
>
> I think that the older convention is more easy to mantain.

I think I prefer the new way. However, I think there needs to be more
documentation about where the libraries come from. This is useful if you
want to get the non-axis jars from the original project (e.g. I may use
commons-discovery in more than one app and want to include it
separately). The Spring -with-dependencies distribution is a good
example of the format I am thinking of.

--
Mike

Re: lib names & Axis 1.2 RELEASE

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
we get bug reports, either way. if we do this people say do that, and
we do that people say do this.... :(

-- dims