Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Spear, BC" <Sp...@kochind.com> on 2001/12/18 19:14:28 UTC

Apache and SQL Server

We are starting to look at using Apache in place of IIS for some of our
intranet. A lot of the
web applications currently use MS SQL Server for a data source. There are
probably
some great opportunities on that subject down the road. Can someone give me
some
recommendations for sources of information on connecting our SQL Server
databases to
an Apache web server running on Linux?

Thanks, BC

BC Spear
spearb@kochind.com
(651) 438 -1307

Re: Apache and SQL Server

Posted by Marc Weber <mw...@csksoftware.com>.
Hi,

> We are starting to look at using Apache in place of IIS for some of our
> intranet. A lot of the
> web applications currently use MS SQL Server for a data source. There are
> probably
> some great opportunities on that subject down the road. Can someone give me
> some
> recommendations for sources of information on connecting our SQL Server
> databases to
> an Apache web server running on Linux?

I'm a little bit late to answer, so I mail to you directly instead of to
the list: You may find http://www.freetds.org an interesting resource (I
did, anyway :-)

Marc

Re: Apache and SQL Server

Posted by David Kramlich <da...@bellsouth.net>.
I am doing the same thing as you, but have yet to complete the project. I
found apache had the cgi and perl functions built in. IODBC is supposed to
have an ODBC manager you can use for free and you are supposed to be able to
use the Microsoft ODBC drivers for SQLServer.

Here is a link.

http://www.iodbc.org/index.htm