Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Vinicius Carvalho <ja...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/07 03:31:09 UTC

Tapestry documentation

Well, as I'm starting with tapestry I noticed that the documentation
is kinda out of date, even the component reference. One eg. is the
TabPanel example:

the method :  fireObservedChange("selectedBlock", block); is
deprecated. and putting <property> before <parameter> on
component-specification throws a parser exception.

Well I'm not complaining. I'm a Tapestry enthusiast, I really would
love to see tapestry giving 100% at my company (even though our
developers are afraid to let the struts-way-of-life). So instead of
complain, I put my available time at the community service. Howard if
you are out there, I'd love to help with documentation maintenance.
Anything that could help out tapestry its ok by (dunno about the rest
of the team ;) )

Re: Tapestry documentation

Posted by Nick Stuart <ba...@gmail.com>.
Vinicius, I'm sure Howard and any other Tapestry dev (and users like
me for that matter) would love to have any help possible put towards
tapestry. You might also want to check in on the tapestry-dev list if
you haven't, and while you are it check out the new 4.0 cvs head and
docs in there. Howard is doing a pretty good job at keeping track of
all the changes, but more of 'user' manual of types with examples
could certainly be added to. I dont think the 3.x line is going to get
any more updates and trying to update that reference but futile as so
much is changing in 4.0 and it just wouldn't match.

-Nick

p.s. Go out and buy Tapestry in Action if you need your coworkers to
get over the hump/fear of Tapestry. Its much more thorough then the
on-line docs.

Re: Tapestry documentation

Posted by Robert <rv...@xs4all.nl>.
Vinicius Carvalho wrote:

>Well, as I'm starting with tapestry I noticed that the documentation
>is kinda out of date, even the component reference. One eg. is the
>TabPanel example:

I would like the Any component reference be updated with the fact that
there is a templateTag parameter filled automatically by Tapestry and
that the default value of element is set to templateTag.
I had to learn this from the source code.