Posted to users@flex.apache.org by vansmith <br...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/04 00:18:09 UTC

iOS 8 - Black status text despite UIStatusBarStyleLightContent being set

Hi everyone,

I recently compiled a Flex mobile application and ran it on my iPhone 6.
Prior to iOS 8 and/or the iPhone 6 (I suspect my issue has to do with the
latter but I mention both for clarity), my status text was white as you
would expect with UIStatusBarStyleLightContent set. However, with iOS 8/the
iPhone 6, the text is black despite having made no changes to my code.

>From what I've read, this has to do with scaling - having to scale the
application, iOS resorts to giving status text a black colour. The
application is indeed scaled (it's really obvious) so I'm wondering if there
is a way to either fix the scaling or change the status colour back to
white. I've also read that adding an appropriately sized splash image will
force proper sizing (as it has worked for me with the iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5
size increase) but that hasn't been working for me.

Thoughts? I'm admittedly new so I may be missing something here. For
information's sake, I'm building the app using Flex 4.12.1 and AIR 14).
Maybe upgrading the respective frameworks will solve this?

Thanks in advance.

Re: iOS 8 - Black status text despite UIStatusBarStyleLightContent being set

Posted by vansmith <br...@gmail.com>.
Not a problem. Here's what the app looks like with the presence of those launch images.

IMG_0216.PNG (118K) <http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/attachment/8481/0/IMG_0216.PNG>

Re: iOS 8 - Black status text despite UIStatusBarStyleLightContent being set

Posted by Jonathan Christian <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by vansmith <br...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jonathan, that works wonders!

Posted by Jonathan Christian <jc...@gmail.com>.

<http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/file/n8470/Capture.png>

Posted by vansmith <br...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jonathan,

How did you setup the proper launch images? I'm having difficulty gleaning how to do this from the docs.

I built my app last night with AIR 15 but I'm still confused about using multiple launch images.

Thanks!

Bryan