Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "Stopp, Bryan" <Br...@argushealth.com> on 2008/09/19 17:09:45 UTC

Simple Client w/ Inheritance

All,

   I'm trying to develop a client to web service using the
<simple:client> spring configuration. I used CXF for the web service
itself, and I used Aegis for the dataBinding configuration. The web
service & client both use an inheritance model. I was able to configure
the <simple:server> with the appropriate beans and attributes to make
the model/wsdl work the correct way. However I am running into problems
with the client. When I configure the client like so, I end up with a
cannot instantiate exception because the parent class is abstract:

<bean id="aegisDataBinding"

class="org.apache.cxf.aegis.databinding.AegisDatabinding"
scope="prototype" />

<simple:client id="AuthorizationService"

serviceClass="AuthorizationService"

address="http://localhost:8080/authServce/service/1.0"

wsdlLocation="http://localhost:8080/authServce/service/1.0?wsdl" >

     <simple:dataBinding>

         <ref bean="aegisDataBinding"/>

     </simple:dataBinding>

</simple:client>

Looking through the logs, the Aegis Databinding isn't picking up the
child aegis mapping files.

I tried to do some property configuration, as is needed for the server,
like so:

<bean id="aegisDataBinding"

class="org.apache.cxf.aegis.databinding.AegisDatabinding"
scope="prototype" />

<simple:client id="AuthorizationService"

serviceClass="AuthorizationService"

address="http://localhost:8080/authServce/service/1.0"

wsdlLocation="http://localhost:8080/authServce/service/1.0?wsdl" >

     <simple:dataBinding>

         <ref bean="aegisDataBinding"/>

     </simple:dataBinding>

     <simple:properties>

          <entry key="writeXsiType" >

               <value type="java.lang.Boolean">true</value>

          </entry>

          <entry key="overrideTypesList" >

               <list>

                    <value>Permission</value>

                    <value>BusinessPermission</value>

                    <value>FrameworkPermission</value>

               <list>

          </entry>

     </simple:properties>

</simple:client>

The above didn't work, the properties weren't propagated to the
DataBinding to notify it that it needed to pick up additional aegis
mapping files.

Does anyone have a good example on how to bind-in an inheritance model
to the <simple:client>?

-Bryan Stopp

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL
This email transmission contains privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If the reader of the email is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination or copying of this email transmission is strictly prohibited by the sender.  If you have received this transmission in error, please delete the email and immediately notify the sender via the email return address or mailto:postmaster@argushealth.com.  Thank you.